Environmental management plans (EMP) describe how action might impact the natural environment in which it occurs and set out clear commitments from the person taking the action on how those impacts will be avoided, minimized, and managed so that they are environmentally acceptable.
Importance of EMP
For any company, an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) needs to be taken seriously in today’s business climate. The upside is the benefits it for the business owner including:
- Legal requirements and duty of care – A business owner who breaks the law will face prosecution, severe fines, and a possible prison sentence. How would this impact on your business, customers, reputation, finances?
- Reduce your business costs and save money – Consider a process which helps you reduce energy bills, reduce waste generation and handling costs (waste processing), reduced water cost and usage, minimize environmental costs linked to resource procurement and transport. Money saved increases your profits.
- Consultation and communication – A tool to support consultation and communication with employees on environmental risks impacting the business.
- Deal with non-conformance issues – Can save your business in time and money on costly non-conformance issues linked to environmental risk.
- Promotes marketing, sales, and brand perception – A high level of commitment, and corporate excellence for environmental stewardship with your customers. Your green branding credentials can put you ahead of your competitors.
- Supports other areas of your business – Can be linked to other management systems e.g. Quality or Safety Management.
- Recognition to a global standard of excellence – Consider the advantages of having an Environmental Management Plan benchmarked against ISO 14001 widely known global standard of environmental excellence.
National Authority (DoE), Buyer, International Funded Authority, or Agency.
Care Line Audit & Inspection Ltd. is here to assess your companies Environmental Management Plan so that you can know that whether your activities are environmentally familiar as well as you can ensure your customer about your stand regarding environmental commitments and sustainability.